Find us on Facebook
In 1946 the family of Sir Ganga Ram started a medical college by the name Balak Ram medical College named after a son of Sir Ganga Ram. Soon after claiming independence in 1947 which engulfed this part of the sub-continent as well, the college which was in its infancy stood virtually closed ad its premises were abandoned. However, the renowned medical professional Prof. Shujaat Ali with the help and assistance of his other professional colleagues nurtured the idea of setting up a medical institution for producing female doctors and train them for helping in the health care of the women folk of this newly established country. It was especially felt that, by virtue of cultural and social set up of a Muslim society it was a much needed requirement of the time.