1. Drop that salt shaker
It’s no secret that too much salt and sugar in your diet can do damage to your health. Reducing your salt and sugar intake can be a difficult task but it is possible to cut back without feeling that you’re missing out. Here are 10 simple ways to keep salt and sugar out, while keeping big flavor in.
Coffee has become a popular beverage preferred by both the young as well as the old in many countries all over the world. Coffee is such an intrinsic part of our way of life that not a day goes by without us paying homage to the local cafe, or at worst, the office coffee maker. But this infatuation (err, addiction) to coffee isn’t all that bad. Besides the occasional coffee stained teeth , the health benefits of coffee further validate coffee addicts’ love of the stuff. Aside from its highly stimulating effects, there are certain facts about coffee that most people may not know. Here are some of them. (more…)
2 medium ears sweet corn in husks
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon lime juice 1 tablespoon each finely chopped green pepper and sweet red pepper
1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash pepper (a pinch of pepper)
* Peel back husks of corn but don’t remove silk.
* Place corn in a bowl and cover with water, soak for 20 minutes.
* Drain. Grill corn, covered, over medium-high heat for 20-35 minutes or until husks are blackened and corn is tender, turning several times.
* Let it cool.
* Remove corn from cobs and place in a bowl.
* Add tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, peppers, salt and pepper.
* Serve with tortilla chips.